Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Wow. That was bloody hilarious. I was down to my last 5 bux the day before the day before payday. I met a friend who preferred a hot chocolate to a drink ("what is it with you and gin and tonics - hmph; fun darlink... ;-) and so i sat at the busstop until her bus came. Then when i was on the pedestrian crossing straight after the man in front of me turned around and pointed to the ground where there was a wallet surrounded in money. A guy in a car waiting for the pedestrians all to cross got out of his car and told me that it had fallen out of a guy's truck so i collected all the money and went to the corner where i searched through it and rang his mate and told him for the guy to meet me at the pub. While i was talking a man around my age or older stood just next to me, waiting for me to finish, and when i did, told me he was going to the pub too; that he was a grandfather and could he borrow some money, to which i replied no i'm broke til thursday. Seeing as i was going to the pub anyway, i spent my last note on a drink, and talked to my mate. Within 15 mins i saw a young guy (i looked at his drivers' licence to see what age he was and if there was a discrepancy he was gonna have to cough up his address and age) at the bar, talking to one of the staff i didn't know. He was so relieved he gave me a tip which in my predicament i wasn't going to refuse so i doubled my money!!!!! Hilarious and wierd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home